Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Warm Gray VS Cool Gray (Have you entered the contest yet?)

Hello blogger-friends!
I took a whole slew of cards to the scrapbook store today to be used for displays of my stamps.  I had a customer ask me about the difference between the cool grays and the warm grays when coloring, so I wanted to share 2 cards I made, one with warm grays and the other with the cool grays
This first card is stamped with Mark's Tree and the 1 inch circle sentiments stampset. His hair is colored in cool grays.  Cool colors tend to go well with 'cooler' colors (like the blues in this card).  Blue is one of my favorite colors to use in my cards, so I tend to color in cool grays when I use grays. 
 On the next card, I used warm grays for Mark's hair and clothing, but a pale blue for the present that went with the paper.  The warmer gray actually will 'pop' more with warm colors, but as you can see is not off limits to use with blue, especially when the design on the paper contains warm gray.  Can you see how the gray in this card has more of a yellow undertone than the cool grays? 


The stampsets I used here are Philippians 1:3 and Mark's Present.
I have a wonderful wintry scene for you tomorrow that you won't want to miss!

HAVE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR FAVORITE BIBLE VERSE FOR MY CONTEST YET????
Only another week until I select the winners! Click HERE to post.  Can't get the post to work?  Email me and I'll post it for you!
Until then, stay warm!
Blessings,
inspired stamping,
~Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words welcomed here!