Friday, January 4, 2013

Pencil Eraser Painting How-To on Canvas!

 Hello friends,
Today I wanted to share how to do a pencil eraser painting on canvas, which I chose to do for the CANVAS sample of our Getting Ready for 52 Weeks of Gratitude that begins this SUNDAY!  Click HERE to see all about it!

The first thing I did was get my acrylic paints out onto my pallette.  Then I stamped my 5x7 prepared canvas with one of our $3.99 single Scripture stamps (2 Cor 9:15) that can be found at www.inspiredstamps.com.  I used StazOn ink to stamp it:
Next I used the yellow color and my pencil eraser and picked up some of the color, tapping it off on the side before I put it onto my canvas:

 I wanted some lighter color dots inside so I mixed the off-white with a little of the yellow (see the photo below on the right hand side for how I mixed it:
 I just kept picking up color and putting it down until I got this, which I liked so I stopped (I may go back and bring some more bluegreen/blue on the bottom):
I'd love to hear from you if you try this...it's ridiculously relaxing and fun!  Who'd have thought that?
See you SUNDAY for our 52 Weeks of Gratitude Kick Off! 
Blessings,
Antoinette

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Need to find a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredibly cool and clever idea!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out cool! You never know what you can create with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this! It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!