Sunday, August 25, 2013

How to Memorize Scripture: WEEK 3 (our final week)

Hello friends!
Today is week 3 (our final post) of our How to Memorize Scripture focus here at Inspired Stamps! How are you doing?  Have any of the ideas or artwork we've posted been helpful in your own Scripture Memorization?  Be sure to leave us a comment and let us know!

If you haven't seen our previous posts, please start there.  You can click on the link here to go back to both:
http://inspiredstamps.blogspot.com/search/label/How%20to%20Memorize%20Scripture%20%28Creatively!%29

Today before I share the next set of verses I have put into my Ephesians Art Journal, I want to encourage you to make sure you have your Scripture Ring Index cards with you at all times, and to not only use the Sticky Notes we recommended in our last post, but put the Scripture you are memorizing in creative places:  on your mugs, your calendar, a picture frame, your computer screen, (my refrigerator is a KEY SPOT to put a set of these)  It's also helpful to HEAR the Scriptures.  You can play them in your car or on your smart-phone.  Are you creating an Art Journal for your Scripture?  Take a photo of your daily Scripture with your smart phone and set it as the lock screen!  Every time you go to type in your password for your phone, THERE IS YOUR SCRIPTURE!!

Here are this last week's worth of Ephesians that I created with in my Ephesians Art Journal.  You'll notice on the first pages I used magazine scenery in the background, and created a girl using our ART JOURNALING WORDS AND FACES set--a versatile set, especially if you aren't one to draw your own faces:
I always think of water washing over me when I think of this verse "according to the riches of His grace which he lavished on us".  So the water scene really works for me!

Next, I used a lot of Stickles on the next two layout spreads.  Love my Stickles; hate how long they take to dry!  But it was near 90 degrees outside here today so I put the pages out in the sunshine to dry and 20 minutes later, success!  I used Inspired Stamps:  Solid Alphabet Lowercase, Butterflies and Blooms & the Time stamp sets:





Here is the last layout, which started out as a simple fall scene, but really is stunning with God's Word over it:

Here's a closer view (this page did not photograph well this evening). 

**Join us in JUNE 2014 as we MEMORIZE CHAPTER 1 of the book of GENESIS!!**

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Blessings, 
Antoinette           
shipping most orders the same day as placed!

1 comment:

  1. Love your journal pages! Like the journaled words. They show up well with the white in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!