Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 6: STITCHING with stamps!

 
Hello friends!
If you are just joining us, head to the right side of the blog and click on the 31 Days of March: Art Journaling your Bible Study photo which will take you to all our previous posts on this topic!

Today I have an art journal layout and wanted to show you how to add stitching to different parts of your art journal, only using stamps instead of thread.  The Inspired Stamps set BIND AND STITCH is one of the first we ever created and one of the most popular sets because of the different stitching stamps on it.  Above you see the zig-zag stitch and I also love to do this stitch around the pages (this photo shows you how I curve the clear photopolymer stitching stamp to stamp around my page corners:
 
You will see the stitching all around the pages once I show you how I made them
The stitching around the outside edges of both pages really adds that stitching feel to the page.  Here's how I made the background:

I sprayed water on the pages, then the turquoise dylusions spray and the white.  I added water and moved the book to help blend the colors:

Added a little more turquoise and then dried the pages:

I used modeling paste and dylusion stencils to get the stars.  Then I let it dry and added my paper pieces/stamps:
 I added my verse, the TFTT (truth from the test) and I knew I wanted to write about being in a Bible Study and how it benefits me in renewing my mind in God's Word. Here are the finished pages:

 
 I used Stickles in the butterfly, catterpillar, windows of the church (from the new set HYMN: CHURCH AND HOUSES that will be coming out next week!)  The HOPE TRANSFORMED stamp set is already in the online store and has the caterpillar, butterfly, and the verse in it.
 
You can see the stitching better here and several sets of 'xxxx' stamped randomly around the edges. BIBLE STUDY will be with the Hymn Girls: December stamp set coming out next week, too.

I did use some charcoal pencil to give the church some depth.  I may go in and make that more defined.

Are you joining us, either participating in making your own or just watching these posts?  We'd love to hear from you so leave us a comment!

Blessings,
Antoinette
www.inspiredstamps.com  Shipping most orders same day as they are placed.

1 comment:

Kind words welcomed here!